- Manage distractions, so they stay to a minimum.
- Determine what results you need from this action.
- Decide if this action is the best way to achieve your desired outcome.
- Keep your activity simple or, if it is complicated, break it down into actionable steps.
- Stay focused on a single step or activity until it is done. Multi-tasking does not work.
- Make time in your day for what matters. Having a ‘to do list’ is one thing but allocating sufficient time to ensure things get done is equally significant.
- Understand your behaviours and recognise if they amount to procrastination. You may be making all sorts of invalid excuses and not even realise it.
These points should help you deal with common road blocks and take action today. If you still find you are not getting things done, you may need to take a step back and be honest about what’s stopping you.
Great ideas are plentiful but people who act on them are not. Be one of the people that gets things done!